PLEASE READ THIS POLICY FULLY AND CAREFULLY. THIS POLICY AFFECTS YOUR PRIVACY AND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. IF NECESSARY, PLEASE CONSULT WITH A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL TO ENSURE YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT
Personal Information Contact
JCB Insurance Solutions’ principal place of business is in Sacramento, California and our services are provided to you by John C. Breckenridge Insurance Solutions, Inc.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information you can contact us at email@example.com or by mail at:
John C. Breckenridge Insurance Solutions
100 Howe Ave, Suite 260
Sacramento, CA 95825
Personal Information We Collect
JCB Insurance Solutions collects personal information about you, depending on your relationship with us. The personal information collected about you or your dependents may include information that you provide to us for your applications for insurance, waiver of your selected educational facilities’ health plans and related forms. We receive and process information only as may be necessary to complete and maintain the student insurance coverage or waiver of coverage requirements. This may include:
(a) Identification Information: This personal information, or personal data, is information by which you, as a natural person, can be identified, and may include your name, address, email and telephone number, gender, marital status, date of birth, educational background, and physical attribute. You may elect to submit further identifying information, such as your social security number and phone number. If you include a dependent spouse and/or child(ren), we collect the dependent(s) first and last name, date of birth, and gender.
(b) Financial Information: Where applicable, such as circumstances when you make a payment on our Website, we will collect your financial information, including your credit card number, bank account or other financial account number and account details to process payments made through our Website.
(c) Technical Data: When using our site, we may collect technical data such as:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website including your name and email address, the communication content, and meta data associated with the communication; and
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use.
You may choose not to provide information, but if you choose not to provide us with information then you may not be able to take advantage of our services and features.
How We Use The Information We Collect
- Administer our Website and business;
- Personalize our Website for you;
- Enable your use of the services available on our Website;
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business;
- Send important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, and other administrative information;
- Assess your eligibility for payment plans, and process your premium and other payments;
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- Deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our Website;
- Keep our Website secure and prevent fraud; and
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our Website.
You may instruct us to provide you with any Personal Information we hold about you. We may withhold Personal Information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
Disclosing Personal Information to Third Parties
- any of our employees;
- partner insurance carriers;
- travel assistance providers;
- professional advisers;
- suppliers; or
The disclosure of your personal information may be done as follows:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
California Consumer Privacy Act
European Members’ Rights Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation
If the GDPR applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have certain rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights include your right of access to your personal data, your right to rectify personal data, your right to object to the processing of personal data, and your right to restrict or delete data in certain circumstances.
We process and retain your information to the lawful extent to which we are permitted and in order to provide you with insurance coverage or in the waiver of insurance coverage as required by your educational institution. We may process your personal data pursuant to:
- your consent;
- as necessary for the performance of a contract in your attainment of insurance as required by your educational institution;
- as necessary for compliance with legal obligations, for example, to maintain your student visa requirements;
- as pursuant to your vital interests and in public interests in obtaining and maintaining health insurance; and
- as necessary for our legitimate interests in securing your student insurance or processing the waiver of required insurance.
Although we may generally rely on lawful purposes other than consent to process your personal data, where our legal basis is consent, for example, in sending you certain email communications, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
The foregoing section is to be interpreted in conformity with the GDPR in substance and scope. If you seek to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
John C. Breckenridge Insurance Solutions
100 Howe Ave, Suite 260
Sacramento, CA 95825
International Data Transfers
We may transfer Personal Information to parties located in other countries, in order to process international travel insurance claims and provide emergency medical assistance services when you are abroad.
Retaining Personal Information
Personal Information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Security of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Information. We will store all the Personal Information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers.
We will protect your Social Security Number that we collect in the course of our business as confidential. We will limit access to your Social Security Number by only granting access to your Social Security Number to our employees who use that information to perform their job-related duties. We do not disclose Social Security Numbers to third parties, except if required or permitted by law.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
If there are any changes in how we use your personally identifiable information, notification by email will be made to those affected by this change.
Third Party Websites
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices or the content of third party websites, and such third party hyperlinks on our Website are not intended to be an endorsement of the third party website or its content.
Updating Personal Information
Please let us know if your personal information needs to be corrected or updated by writing to our business address (provided above) or by using our website contact form.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use two types of cookies: persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date. For example, a persistent cookie helps us recognize you as an existing user so it’s easier to return to JCB Insurance Solutions. A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- To recognize a computer when a user visits the Website.
- Track users as they navigate the Website.
- Improve the Website’s usability.
- Analyze the use of the Website.
- Administer the Website.
- Prevent fraud and improve the security of the Website.
- Personalize the Website for each user.
- Target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
JCB Insurance Solutions does not track customers over time and across third party websites to provide target advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) singles.
JCB Insurance Solutions does not authorize the collection of personally identifiable from our Website for third party use through advertising technologies without your separate consent.
How to Contact Us
This website is owned and operated by John C. Breckenridge Insurance Solutions, Inc.
Our principal place of business is at 100 Howe Ave, Suite 260, Sacramento, CA 95825.
You can contact us by writing to:
- our business address;
- by using our website contact form;
- Or by email at email@example.com